ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM - click here for application form
The RLGA seeks to support and encourage members of affiliated clubs to enhance their golf skills. Grants are to assist clubs run programs that will lead to increased participation and development of women’s golf in our district.
AIMS OF GOLF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
• To support RLGA affiliated clubs develop the golf skills of their lady members;
• To provide assistance to clubs that are disadvantaged due to location and course facilities;
• To further develop skills of experienced golfers; and
• To promote and encourage player participation in club and Riverina District events.
FUNDING AND SELECTION CRITERIA
• A current RLGA Grant Application Form must be completed in full and lodged with RLGA Match Committee;
• Applications must be signed by club’s Committee Secretary, as indicated on the Application Form, as confirmation that the proposed program is to be undertaken with full knowledge and approval of its Board or in case of smaller clubs Golf Committee.
• It is anticipated most grants will range between $300 and $1200 and that the program income budget will be derived from an equal contribution made by the applicant;
• Establishment and support of the program will provide club golfers with the opportunity to participate more actively in golf;
• Approved programs are to be conducted within 12 months following the date of application;
• Applicants must undertake to ensure that visibility, acknowledgement and promotion of the RLGA is given on any printed material or media items;
• An Evaluation Form must be completed by successful applicants and forwarded to RLGA Secretary within one month after program is completed; and
• All individual participants in a club’s program must hold a handicap.
• RLGA affiliated golf club lady members, of any golfing ability, wanting to become involved in a program which results in the development of their golf; and
• Lady golfers enthusiastic about the longevity of RLGA inter-club and club events.
• Awarding of funding will be the prerogative of the RLGA executive committee upon receipt and review of a completed grant application form;
• All applications will be considered on merit;
• Funds allocated will be made available to the applicant via cheque within 14 days of applicant being notified by mail that the application was successful; and
• Funding will be provided in a single payment.
INELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
• Talented or elite golf development programs;
• Beginner/learn to play programs;
• Equipment purchases for club or course operation; and
• Programs requiring long-term financial support.
• No more than one application per club per year;
• Applications will not be considered unless details are completed on official application form;
• Successful applicants will receive ‘Grant Confirmation’ letter; and
• Unsuccessful applicants will receive letter indicating reason/s for being declined.